CLASS HOODIE REORDERS
We are doing 1 reorder of class hoodies/t-shirts. If you didn't have a chance to order the first time now is the last time you may place an order with Mrs. Ritter. She has forms for Freshman, Sophomore and Junior Hoodies and the form for Seniors for hoodies/t-shirts.
DEADLINE FOR THE LAST REORDER IS OCTOBER 31 @ 3:45.
Any questions, please see Mrs. Ritter in K3.
Congratulations to the following students on being AP Scholars based on their AP exams taken this past spring:
AP Scholars with HONOR:
AP Scholars with DISTINCTION:
mesquite education association
Attention teachers, faculty, and staff! It's time again for the United Way Campaign! The Campaign will take place this week - October 20th through the 24th. Please complete the pledge forms in your mailbox and return them to Sharon Melton if you have cash or checks. Thank you so much for your participation!
For those students that expressed an interest in joining TAFE - it is not too late to pay your dues. Come see Mrs. Macewich in P3 or Mrs. Lively in L15 before Thursday to get your name on the list. We can give you a payment plan if needed.
The Mentor Club will be holding their 1st meeting next Thursday, October 23 at 8:00 A.M. in room K12. We are asking for anyone grades 9-12 who is interested in learning more about the Mentor Club to come see what it's all about. The Mentor Club will be utilized to teach skills, mentor, and help students reach full potential. Please stop by room K12 if you're interested in joining!
The library has extended hours. It will be open after school until 5:00 on WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY so that students can work on homework and school projects.
- Yearbooks are on sale now. For details see Mrs. Liske in K6 or you can order them outside the cafeteria every B day during all lunches.
Have you ever done something amazing or great? Ever won or been recognized for a talent? We want your story.
Yearbook is looking for people from different cultural backgrounds and religious beliefs. Where did you come from, where did you go...We want your story.
Want to make a statement? Seniors get your quote in the yearbook. Stop by K6 during your lunch and pick up the form from Mrs. Liske. Due back by Oct 24th.
Reminder from the SRO’s about Jaywalking
1. When crossing the roadway and there is a crosswalk provided, you have to cross in the cross walk when the sign indicates to walk. THIS MEANS YOU CANNOT CROSS IN THE MIDDLE OF BELTLINE.
2. If there is a crosswalk provided and the sign indicates do not walk, DO NOT walk into the crosswalk.
3. If there is no crosswalk provided, go to the nearest intersection and cross from one corner to the next corner only when there are no vehicles approaching on the road.
Pay Attention and Be Safe
How to send your tip to the Mesquite High School Text A Tip Hotline:
1. Text to 214-695-9489 plus your message. You will always remain anonymous.
2. Tips that lead to the arrest of suspects, as well as the recovery of stolen property and drugs are eligible for cash rewards of up to $100, which are paid to tipsters on an anonymous basis.
Help keep MHS safe one text at a time!
Seniors!! Please make sure you are checking the Scholarship wall located outside the Counseling Center periodically for possible scholarship opportunities!
- Do you know someone who would like to be a Junior Skeeter? Junior Skeeters are Skeeter fans ages 12 and under who meet to cheer on our team every home game just before kickoff. If your child would like to participate, please use the link below to sign up. You can also sign up at the Booster Club table. If you would like to join us in running through the helmet after the team, please meet us at the north end of the field (closest to the fieldhouse) @ 6:45. Feel free to forward this message on to someone you think might be interested.
- We look forward to seeing a huge swarm of Junior Skeeters this year!!!!!
- Click here for the link!
Bring Your Own Device Program
- MHS students may now access MISD WiFi on their personal electronic devices - cell phones, tablets, and so on. Click this link, here to learn more about the Bring Your Own Device program at MHS and to review the requirements for participating in this program.