I AM SECOND
- MHS, I am Second fundraiser collections and hoodie payments are due this Tuesday, November 4th during our meeting after school in L10. Please see Mrs. Brown or Mrs. Syblik if you have any questions or need any additional forms.
CONGRATS TO JUNIOR GOLFER KEENAN ROBBINS
- Congratulations to Junior golfer Keenan Robbins for his 6th place finish out of 96 players Tuesday in the Lake Highlands Wildcat Invitational at The Bridges of Firewheel in Garland. Keenan shot 38, 36, 38 for this 27 hole event. Great job Keenan and good luck to the girl golfers who play Monday at the Rockwall Athletic Club.
CONGRATS TO THE mesquite JROTC DRILL TEAM!
Lawton-Fort Sill Oklahoma Red-Leg Shootout Invitational Drill Meet on 25 October 2014
Mesquite JROTC Drill Team 2nd place Grand Champions out of 15 JROTC programs from Oklahoma
- Unarmed 1st in Regulation, 1st in Exhibition led by Junior Commander Mylinn Yeefoon, Team Members: Anneka Berryman, Belen Paniagua, Cheyenne Love, Jasmine Segura, Mariah Powell, Theresa Moody, Jasmine Gonzales, Shelby Garza, and Caroline Camporredondo
- Female Color Guard 1st place led by Junior Commander Belen Paniagua, Team Members: Anneka Berryman, Jasmine Gonzales, and Theresa Moody
- Male Color Guard 1st place led by Freshman Commander Adnel Acevedo, Team Members: Jose Gonzales, Jason Estrada, and Sergio Villalpando
- Female Physical Training 2nd place led by Senior Commander Anneka Berryman, Cheyenne Love, Mylinn Yeefoon, and Telea Shaw
- Armed Drill Team 2nd placed in Regulation led by Senior Commander Jose Gonzales, Team Members: Adnel Acevedo, Jonathan Cervantes, Daniel Brown, Jason Estrada, Marquaris Manns, Matthew Patterson, Cam’ron Sanders, Tyler Sudderth, and Sergio Villalpando
- Academics 3rd place led by Senior Commander Hayden Nichols, Team Members: Brandin Josey, Dayana Torres, and Rosa Torres
- Individual awards:
- Anneka Berryman 1st place standing long jump 2nd place flex arm hang
- Daniel Brown 1st place standing long jump
- Mylinn Yeefoon 2nd place standing long jump
The Fine Arts Department is proud to announce upcoming auditions for this years musical Mary Poppins. Auditions will be held on Monday and Tuesday next week.
Auditions are open to all students of Mesquite High School.
Singing and Dancing auditions have different requirements so see the audition notice and pick up an audiiton packet from E1, E2, the Choir or Dance rooms and sign up on the call board in E Hall. Have a supercalifragilistic audtion and join us for a practically perfect production!
Attention ALL Students--your Skeeter Counseling Center is attempting to become tech-savvy. We have created a new weebly. Please check it out at www.mhsskeetercoun.weebly.com
Like us on INSTAGRAM at: MHSskeetercoun
Follow us on TWITTER @mhsskeetercoun
speech and Debate
Congratulations to the Speech and Debate Team for their successful first tournament of the season. The team had many members advance throughout the day, and a special congratulations to Marc Hinojosa for placing 4th out of 60 participants in Domestic Extemporaneous Speaking.
Boy’s basketball tryouts will be held on Monday, November 10th for any 9th grade football players or any other students who are not in JV or Varsity football. The tryout times will be 6:00- 8:00 p.m. Students need to wear basketball shoes and athletic clothes for tryouts. Tryouts will consist of various drills to assess the players overall skill level. If you have any questions or need further information, please talk to one of the basketball coaches. You will need to meet with one of the basketball coaches before or after school to pick up a physical packet. You will not be allowed to participate if the necessary paperwork is not turned in.
The Mesquite High School Mentor Club is starting to take donations for our local community from November 3 – 21st. We will collect these items in Room K12.
Donation items we need include:
Belts (anything that is in school dress code)
Please help us get the word out to our staff and community so we can collect these items by our deadline.
CLASS HOODIE REORDERS
We are doing 1 reorder of class hoodies/t-shirts. If you didn't have a chance to order the first time now is the last time you may place an order with Mrs. Ritter. She has forms for Freshman, Sophomore and Junior Hoodies and the form for Seniors for hoodies/t-shirts.
DEADLINE FOR THE LAST REORDER IS OCTOBER 31 @ 3:45.
Any questions, please see Mrs. Ritter in K3.
The library has extended hours. It will be open after school until 5:00 on WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY so that students can work on homework and school projects.
Reminder from the SRO’s about Jaywalking
1. When crossing the roadway and there is a crosswalk provided, you have to cross in the cross walk when the sign indicates to walk. THIS MEANS YOU CANNOT CROSS IN THE MIDDLE OF BELTLINE.
2. If there is a crosswalk provided and the sign indicates do not walk, DO NOT walk into the crosswalk.
3. If there is no crosswalk provided, go to the nearest intersection and cross from one corner to the next corner only when there are no vehicles approaching on the road.
Pay Attention and Be Safe
How to send your tip to the Mesquite High School Text A Tip Hotline:
1. Text to 214-695-9489 plus your message. You will always remain anonymous.
2. Tips that lead to the arrest of suspects, as well as the recovery of stolen property and drugs are eligible for cash rewards of up to $100, which are paid to tipsters on an anonymous basis.
Help keep MHS safe one text at a time!
Seniors!! Please make sure you are checking the Scholarship wall located outside the Counseling Center periodically for possible scholarship opportunities!
Bring Your Own Device Program
- MHS students may now access MISD WiFi on their personal electronic devices - cell phones, tablets, and so on. Click this link, here to learn more about the Bring Your Own Device program at MHS and to review the requirements for participating in this program.